Have you or someone you know being a victim of sexual harassment, sexual assault or domestic violence and are hurting and living in fear and pain as the result. My name is Paul Holcroft and I am an Australian and internationally trained hypnotherapist and I have worked with and helped many women and men who have been the victims of physical and psychological trauma… and I can help!
One area of trauma that is not often talked about is psychological abuse where the victim is constantly berated and demeaned until their self-esteem and self-confidence is eroded away, and eventually begins to believe they are worthless and unlovable. This is all part of the game for the controller, usually a psycho-narcissist, in turning the victim into a possession… a virtual slave.
There are many symptoms of these deep-seated traumas including:
- Feeling down all the time, stressed or can’t stop worrying.
- Cannot understand why certain things always happen to you or why you always attract the wrong partner into your life.
- Living in constant fear
- Finding when you are in particular situations… it re-triggers the emotions.
- You may be carrying extra weight as a protection measure (you may not consciously be aware of this one but it is quite common).
- Avoiding and fearful of being in social situations or places where you feel venerable.
- Have turned to alcohol or drugs to mask and suppress the thoughts and feelings.
- Have a problem with eating food (under-eating or over-eating).
- Feeling sick all the time or worried about your health.
- Worried about your sexuality, identity or relationships.
- Feeling unlovable and unwanted… worthless.
- Have lost trust or are having difficulties communicating with family or friends, perhaps because they don’t understand what you have been through… or worse don’t believe you.
- Have feelings that perhaps you are to blame… it’s your fault… that you attracted it into your life by your behaviour or lack of behaviour.
- Carrying guilt, anger or sadness about the event(s).
Physical and psychological trauma is a heavy burden to carry and the emotional stress from the event(s) can become emotional blockages in the body, which can cause a myriad of physical and mental health issues… but here is nothing inherently wrong with you… you are hurting… you are in pain and you need help and support.
And being the victim of physical and psychological abuse is not the only issue here… many people, especially children, become victims by merely witnessing the event(s).
Many times the event, especially a childhood trauma, is buried somewhere in the unconscious mind… it has been compartmentalized to protect you… and you are no longer consciously aware of it. When this happens, you tend to have physical ailments in the body, or your mind begins to act differently and you may start to develop disorders like anxiety, panic attacks, and depressive thoughts, OCD, ADD and ADHD.
But you don’t have to live with it… there is a way out!
Using techniques such as double disassociation, the rewind technique, uncommon psychotherapy, and Ericksonian hypnosis, I have helped many individuals break free of the cage trauma had them trapped in by releasing the emotional charge surrounding the event… the emotional charge that has kept the memory trapped in the amygdala… the flight or fight centre of the brain.
Your first step to healing is to call and have an obligation-free chat over coffee or tea to see if I can help. Call Brain Spa Health today on 0424 671 411 or message me to arrange a time.